When asked what was the biggest challenge he came across while building his company, Robert Knapp, the co-founder and CEO of CyberGhost VPN explained that “it has to be building your core team – your wolfpack.” A few months later, Robert and his team have become a part of Crossrider – Israeli online distribution and digital product company, in an acquisition priced at over EUR 9.2 million, news that simply took our breath away. As he is one of the closest friends of our community, we had the opportunity to go behind CyberGhost’s acquisition together with Robert Knapp and the CEO of Crossrider, Ido Erlichman.
The 23-minute video material is based on our latest event, CEO Live Talks #1, organised at TechHub Bucharest. If you want to be in the audience next time we put together this kind of meetups, make sure you’re subscribed to this list to be the first to get the latest updates.
In this video you will find out:
- Why Robert decided to sell the company (0:30 + 8:00)
- Was this the perfect deal for Crossrider? (3:40)
- What will happen with CyberGhost’s brand (11:00)
- Crossrider’s strategy in the CyberSecurity market (19:00)
- Robert Knapp after the exit: excitement, new plans, new opportunities (21:30)
For the best experience, be sure to activate the subtitles!
Are you interested in more about Robert Knapp’s entrepreneurial journey? You might like as well:
- 10 Lessons Learned by a German Who Founded His Startup in Romania from three very important perspectives. Mental, professional and administrative, through ten short lessons extracted from Robert Knapp’s entrepreneurial experience spanning over three decades.
- Robert Knapp, CyberGhost, How to Web 2016: The Romanian tech scene, a love story (VIDEO)
- Robert Knapp, keynote @MVP Academy Accelerator 2016: Happiness, success and Romania (VIDEO)
Knapp on the Crossrider acquisition:
“I’m not going to leave the company, I’m staying on board. I guarantee with my name that we will not track you down, and we will continue our mission to bring privacy to your life!”