After an amazing journey, How to Web Conference 2016 is a wrap and we are proud to introduce you the winners of this year’s edition of the deal-making program for emerging European tech startups. Without further adds: The Newsroom won the Best Startup Award, the Best Cybersecurity startup award went to LiveMon, MRise won the Best Startup Story award and Enty won the IXIA Innovation Award.
This year at How to Web Conference 2016 we focused on the case studies and inspiring stories of startup founders who have built global companies and we brought on the main stage of the event tech startups from all over Europe , 20+ investment funds and hundreds of tech professionals from 100+ global tech companies.
For us, the team behind, bringing together some of the best 50 tech startups from 11 European countries was nothing but a rollercoaster. They presented their products on the main stage of the conference and attended 600+ mentoring sessions & business meetings organized during the 2 days of the conference.
Nothing of all this would have happened without the kind support we received from our trusted partners. How to Web Conference 2016 was organized in partnership with Telekom Romania, Bitdefender, IXIA Romania and CyberGhost VPN, with the support of hub:raum, the United States of America Embassy, the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest, EIT Digital, Cleverbridge and Microsoft!
- At the end of the pitching competition, the winners were:
- The Newsroom won the BEST STARTUP AWARD offered by IXIA Romania. The product helps publishers deliver a faster, personalised and more meaningful digital experience using real-time auctioning of content assets.
- Enty won IXIA INNOVATION AWARD offered by IXIA Romania. The winning team created a medical device used for tracking the balance of the internal ear & for checking the spine posture.
- LiveMon won the Bitdefender CYBERSECURITY AWARD offered by Bitdefender. LiveMon is an all-in-one monitoring solution that provides actionable insights to identify and eliminate incoming threats before impacting a company’s services.
MRise won the CyberGhost Award for the best story offered by CyberGhost VPN. The startup develops an embedded device which integrates your motorcycle to IOT in order to increase your safety while riding by implementing an accident notification system and also a smart alarm.
The full list of startups that made it to the top 10 finalists competing for the cash prizes of $30K+:
- Box2M – technology that provides a low cost, flexible and innovative solution for monitoring, metering and control of industrial sites.
- Findie – a video Platform as a Service that empowers brands to launch video-first web and mobile apps in minutes, not months.
- InnerTrends – growth hacking analytics tool for SaaS companies
- TalentBrowse – the first aggregating platform that matches employers with verified & available talents from the best recruitment agencies.
- TypingDNA – security SaaS that uses AI algorithms to identify and authenticate individuals based on the way they type on their keyboard.
- Holosee – a technology that creates and streams hi-definition holographic content and brings it to Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality.
- Lampix – device that transforms any surface into a smart surface; they make augmented reality without glasses by focusing on fixed horizontal surfaces.
- LiveMon – an all-in-one monitoring solution that provides actionable insights to identify and eliminate incoming threats before impacting a company’s services.
- ENTy – a medical device used for tracking the balance of the internal ear & for checking the spine posture.
- The Newsroom – helps publishers deliver a faster, personalised and more meaningful digital experience using real-time auctioning of content assets.
We are thrilled to have had hundreds of tech professionals from 18 countries attending How to Web Conference 2016. This edition was one of the most intense and exciting events we’ve organised so far. The regional tech ecosystem is steadily growing, and nothing of this would have been possible without the active involvement of the regional tech community: we are grateful for all the support you offered us this year as well and we are committed to keep working together for growing the ecosystem further!
And here comes the greatest news: we wrap everything up by announcing the dates for next year’s edition. So, ladies & gents, How to Web Conference 2017 will take place on October 31 – November 1. Save the dates and keep an eye on us for further updates!