With few days left to apply for How to Web Startup Spotlight, it was about time to announce the $30k+ cash prizes that will be offered to the 4 winners of the deal-making program. Add these fantastic prizes to the unique development opportunities Startup Spotlight offers to all the startups accepted into the program: 1 on 1 meetings with potential business partners, media exposure, pitch practice sessions, hands-on advice on raising money & more.
4 out of the 50 startups that will be pitching on the main stage of How to Web Conference will receive
- The best startup award offered by IXIA Romania – $15k
- The best cybersecurity startup award by Bitdefender – $5.6k
- The best startup story by CyberGhost – $5.6k
- The IXIA innovation award – $5k
14 VC funds looking for the best investment deals
If you will be selected to attend the program, you will have the opportunity to pitch your product to more than 14 VCs from all around the world. Among them there are:
- Vitaly Golomb – HP Tech Ventures;
- Hussein Kanji – Hoxton Ventures;
- Ondrej Bartos – Credo Ventures;
- Alan Clayton – SOS Ventures;
- Sabine vanderLinden – Startup Bootcamp;
- Rune Theill – Rockstart;
- Rumen Iliev – Launch Hub;
- Lloyd Waldo – StartupYard;
- Martyn Davies – Ignite100;
- Radu Georgescu – GECAD;
- Marius Ghenea – 3TS Capital;
- Jon Bradford – Startup Next;
- Cosmin Ochișor – Hub:raum.
Check out the investors that will be attending How to Web Startup Spotlight this year on the program website!
80 mentors sharing their expertise
How to Web Startup Spotlight is a focused deal-making program, offering tailored mentorship, business connections and hands-on feedback. That’s why we are grateful that more than 80 trusted mentors from all over Europe accepted our invitation to share their valuable expertise with the startups accepted into the program. Among them we have to remind:
- Tak Lo – technology, Zeroth.ai;
- Andy Shannon – SBC Global;
- Michael Mellinghoff – fintech, Techfluence;
- Mike Reiner – technology, Amazon Web Services;
- Mihai Guran – cybersecurity, Bitdefender;
- Andra Sonea – fintech, Lloyds Banking Group;
- Ori Hanani – fintech, Admiral Group;
- Mihai Sfrijan – gaming, Notic Games;
- Vassil Terziev – technology, ex-Telerik;
- Anish Mohammed – Lloyds Banking Group & Ripple, Cybersecurity & Fintech.
We’ll be constantly updating the list of mentors to better fit the development needs of the startups accepted into the program, so keep an eye on it to make sure you’re the first one to know with whom you should connect during the conference.
International tech journalists searching for the next great story
Besides the opportunity to connect with who’s who in the tech ecosystem, startups that will be accepted in How to Web Startup Spotlight will get the chance to pitch reputed tech journalists from prominent global media outlets, such as:
And the list can go on!
Is How to Web Startup Spotlight right for you?
Thinking about applying for the program? Then read on! You should:
- Be a promising European tech startups
- Have less than 2 years of activity
- Have not raised more than EUR 500k to date for your current product
If you check all of the above, then all that’s left to do is to complete your application by September 25th! And the best part is yet to come: attendance is free for the accepted startups and no hidden equity deal is involved.
Join the tech community at How to Web Conference 2016
And don’t forget: Very Early Bird tickets for How to Web Conference 2016 are still available until September 23rd! Book yours now and prepare to get connected with amazing startup founders, network with the tech community, and feel the vibe of the tech startups’ ecosystem at its best.
See you soon!