28 accelerated startups, more than 1 million USD in seed investments & 13 products launched on the global market. These are, in a nutshell, the results of the first 2 editions of MVP Academy, our accelerator program. And the next one could be you! Tech founder working on a product with global potential? Apply by March 31st and you can be part of the MVP Academy batch of 2016!
You may be wondering at this point what’s it all about. Powered by CyberGhost and organized with the support of Telekom Romania, Bitdefender, BCR, Microsoft, hub:raum, Raiffeisen Bank, and Retargeting.biz, MVP Academy is an accelerator program the helps you refine your product, bring it to market, generate sales, and raise money! From the benefits you’ll enjoy by joining the program to the eligibility criteria, application guide, selection process and jury, here’s everything you need to know if you want to apply.
When and where?
- April 11th – May 31st @ TechHub Bucharest
What’s in it for you?
- Know-how: workshops and crash courses in customer development, product, growth hacking, investment, legal & more;
- Lead generation: Mentoring, on-demand meetings, and access to an international network of 400 mentors & 700+ startups;
- Pitching: Lots of presentations & pitch practice sessions to help you fine tune your pitch;
- Seed investment opportunities: Some of the best teams in the 2016 batch can raise an average of 50k EUR in exchange for a minority stake in the company from MVP Angels, the angel investors network associated with the program;
- Ongoing support: Throughout the program you’ll attend 1 on 1 coaching sessions with a hands-on approach to help you build your business and product strategy.
Is the program right for you?
We are looking for tech startups that think big and have the capacity to execute and learn fast. There are a couple of eligibility criteria you should comply with in order to make the most out of the program:
- You are an early-stage tech startup in its first 2 years of activity;
- You are committed to building your product;
- You have at least a working prototype to show us;
- You have not raised more than 50k in funding for the current product;
- You have no prior acceleration experience with the product you’re currently working on.
Checked? Then we’re a match so let’s go further!
If our offer is interesting for you and you meet the eligibility criteria, it’s time to start working on your application. And here are the steps to take:
- Gather data about your startup (team, product, market);
- Fill in your F6S startup profile
- Complete the application form by March 31st
If you make it to the shortlist, we will reach out to you to schedule a short interview.
All applications are evaluated taking into account the criteria listed below. Check them out and keep them in mind when doing those final tweaks on your application form, to increase the chances of getting into the program:
- Team fit & experience
- Market size & trends
- Market validation & traction
- International potential & impact
- Overall feasibility of the product
Time to meet the jury
An experienced jury who will help us make the best startup evaluation and make sure we get THE most promising teams into the program. Here are our expert judges:
Still not convinced?
13 of the 28 startups accelerated so far in MVP Academy have launched their products on the global market, and more than 1 million USD in seed funding have been raised to date. Some of our alumni are:
- InnerTrends, startup that helps web and mobile developers optimise their user acquisition process by better understanding user behaviour;
- Clepsisoft CyberFog, a proactive cyber-security solution that helps companies deflect cyber attacks;
- CloudHero, a PaaS that automates the management and scaling of an application across any public cloud;
- Gloria Food, free online ordering systems for restaurants, now available in 25 languages and having a 600+ network of active restaurants;
- SafeDrive, mobile app that encourages responsible driving by rewarding drivers that do not use their phones;
- Axosuits, affordable exoskeletons for people with disabilities, are part of the MVP Academy alumni network.
Check out the MVP Academy follow-up report for more information on the results of our alumni!
Apply by March 31st!
Ready now? Start working on your application and don’t forget to hit the apply button by Thursday, March 31st! If you’ve got any questions, drop us a line at [email protected] and we’ll get back to your shortly!