Today we proudly present the 32 tech startups that have been selected to attend How to Web Startup Spotlight this November. The 4th edition of our competition and mentoring program will bring together teams from Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Latvia, Moldavia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Hungary. They are working on tech products with disruptive potential in fields such as software, hardware, Internet of Things, mobile, fintech or medtech and it’s now time to congratulate them all.
Our professional jury had the difficult mission to select the 32 most promising tech startups out of lots of high-quality applications from all around the CEE. It was no easy task to accomplish, and this is why our special thanks go to them for taking their time to help us pick the best & brightest ones to join the program. For those of you that are interested, among the criteria they took into consideration when making their choice were the team fit & experience, market size & trend, market validation, traction, customer acquisition cost, scalability, and overall feasibility.
Boost Your Business Pitches With This Actionable Guide
Time to meet the How to Web Startup Spotlight finalists
- Elefin (Romania): web app that helps business owners regain control of their business cash flow.
- BranchTrack (Latvia): an efficient online tool that helps you create better and faster trainings in sales, customer service, telemarketing and other areas using simulated customers to engage and motivate learners.
- Catwalk15 (Romania): mobile application that offers users instant fashion advice & style inspiration, anytime, anywhere.
- Marionette Studio (Romania): web-based application that enables you to create amazing 2D animations for games directly in your browser. Easily import, rig and animate your characters in a collaborative environment
- EDM Designer (Hungary): a drag and drop editor that helps users create stylish & responsive HTML e-mail templates in a matter of minutes.
- Fentury (Moldavia): the new generation personal finance manager that helps you analyse, plan and save your finances on your smartphone, anywhere & anytime.
- FireVibes (Romania): a portable music player, built as a companion for the user’s main device (phone, laptop, PC), that doesn’t require an external amplifier for the powerful, professional headphones.
- FreeWiFi (Romania): a platform dedicated to all companies who offer WiFi connection in public areas and want to get more details about their clients and create targeted mobile marketing campaigns.
- GameGif (Romania): a mobile app showing 7 second videos of actual gameplay so gamers can quickly get a feel of a game and decide on the spot if they want to download it or move on to the next one.
- Gaming Battle Grounds (Bulgaria): an eSports platform where gamers join and create online tournaments in games.
- Gigalize (Greece): an online community platform that helps you create & support campaigns to bring your favorite artists in town.
- Grajdanite (Bulgaria): a mobile application that monitors and controls the traffic on the road, sends notifications to users and allows them to report violations of the law.
- InnerTrends (Romania): a user analytics service that allows companies to better understand their consumers’ behavior by receiving faster personalized answers.
- Jaboo (Romania): A set of smart wristbands that accelerate and improve the athletes’ techniques by tracking their speed, force or training patterns.
- Lighty (Romania): the world’s first smart mobile projector with robotic capabilities: powerful pico projector, panoramic movement, voice control & wireless connectivity.
- Melissa Climate (Bulgaria): a mobile app that helps you save energy & money by smart controlling your air conditioner from everywhere.
- Monday (Romania): B2B platform that helps gyms and nutrition clinics to bring technology to their products & services, improve the interaction with their clients, facilitate the sale of new products and attract new customers.
- MyTeleTouch (Bulgaria): a universal controller for smart TV, game consoles, PC and set top boxes.
- Onyx Beacon (Romania): helps companies to develop context aware mobile applications for retail and events.
- Shoptsie: Online store creators and marketing tool set for handcrafters and fashion designers.
- Retargeting.biz (Romania): real-time retargeting software that allows companies to interact much faster with the most interested consumers in their online products.
- SafeDrive (Romania): a mobile app that enhances road traffic safety by rewarding drivers for NOT texting while driving with points that they can later use for products from a wide network of partners.
- Scooterson (Romania): the world’s first electric kick-scooter that connects to mobile devices to display speed, battery & ride statistics and uploads relevant data in the cloud for sharing with friends.
- Seeds Unified (Romania): a platform for data collection and analysis for heavy data gatherers.
- SpringTab (Hungary): digital platform for auto-personalized content publishing.
- Sybrillo (Hungary): waterproof device that can help users take advantage of their GoPro’s high definition footages, while also enjoying remote controllability, stabilization and motion control.
- Symme3D (Romania): multifunctional Delta platform for 3D printing, PCB milling, laser engraving, pick and place.
- Tickey (Bulgaria): an urban transport ticketing app that allows users to pay transportation fares via smartphone and uses iBeacons technology to locate the vehicle they are traveling with.
- TinTag (Romania): the first rechargeable tracking device for your lost items whether they’re keys, bags, or pets.
- Tourgent (Croatia): business management software for bus charter companies.
- Intersect App (Romania): a new fun way to connect with people you spotted during your day in different places like a coffee shop, subway, party, etc – with your phone in your pocket.
- Wyze (Hungary): a web-based application that gives you an automatic categorization of your finances by aggregating data from multiple financial accounts.
We’ll kick off the program on Wednesday, November 25th, with a pitching session where our trusted jury will select the 8 teams that will get to showcase their products on the main stage of How to Web. The other 16 will also get to pitch in front of the audience on the Startups Stage. During the second part of the day, our finalists, as well as the wider startup community, will be invited to attend a series of workshops and dedicated events hosted by TechHub Bucharest!
On November 26 & 27, the Startup Spotlight participants will attend How to Web Conference 2015, where they’ll meet potential investors & commercial partners, they’ll pitch their product and compete for the 20.000 USD cash prizes offered by IXIA, the main partner of the program.
Missed the application deadline or you’re just curious to check out the products our startups are working on? Get your Early Bird ticket for How to Web Conference and join 1000+ startup founders, product managers, developers, marketers and community leaders from all around the region. Beyond high quality content and excellent networking opportunities, you’ll get to feel the vibe of the CEE startup ecosystem at its best and build valuable connections in the industry!
See you soon!