It’s the week after How to Web Conference 2014, and if you think we’ve gone off to recharge, you’ll find we’re still here, ready to continue to share knowledge from the speakers and guests we had at the event. And even more so, since we’d like to share the great news about the winners at Startup Spotlight 2014!
Organized in parallel with How to Web Conference 2014, Startup Spotlight brought together the best 31 teams building tech products with disruptive potential on a global level from 10 countries in the region. During the program, the teams had the opportunity to meet experienced mentors and professionals, and to talk to representatives from top accelerators and early-stage investment funds from around the world.
Boost Your Business Pitches With This Actionable Guide
Here are the 8 Startup Spotlight 2014 finalists
The program kicked off with pitches from the startups selected in the competition, after which the jury announced the 8 finalists of Startup Spotlight who would have a chance to win the Best Startup prize.
- Marketizator (the 3 in 1 conversion rate optimization platform for ecommerce websites)
- Project Wipe (electronic glasses that help people with visual disabilities in orientation and obstacle avoidance)
- Attensee (online eye-tracking insights for website conversion optimization)
- Fittter (health and fitness mobile and web app that connects frequent business travelers with handpicked health coaches to provide them the tools to incorporate healthy habits on the road)
- Avandor (Open Consumer Data Platform available as SaaS to the entire ecosystem made of sites, advertisers, agencies, ecommerce)
- CloudPress (hosted platform for designers to create responsive WordPress sites visually and publish them with one click when they’re done)
- Axosuits (affordable and easy to use exoskeletons for medical use)
- ViewFlux (online collaboration platform for designers which helps them improve their workflow).
In the second part of the first day, the participating teams had 1-on-1 meetings with exceptional professionals from the global tech scene, and participated in panels and talks which took place at TechHub Bucharest. All the participants at How to Web Startup Spotlight had the opportunity this year to pitch their products on the main stage at How to Web Conference, in front of the entire audience, and benefited from 1-on-1 mentoring sessions with some of the highest regarded professionals in the global tech industry.
Bogdan Iordache (Investor 3TS Capital Partners and founder How to Web), Robert Knapp (Founder & CEO Cyberghost), Adrian Gheară (angel investor), Bogdan Ripa (Master Product Owner Adobe Romania), Bogdan Ţenea (IXIA Innovation & Entrepreneurship Appointee), Sitar Teli (Managing Partner Connect Ventures) and Cosmin Ochişor (Business Development Manager hub:raum) were part of the jury which selected the winners of How to Web Startup Spotlight, considering criteria such team fit and experience, market size & trend, market validation & initial traction, customer acquisition cost, scalability and overall feasibility.
Meet the Startup Spotlight 2014 winners
After two days of intense pitching sessions, and tough questions from the jury, the prizes were announced on the main stage at the conference. Let’s meet the happy winners:
Best Startup ($10.000) – Axo Suits (Romania)
Runner-up ($3.000) – Avandor (Romania)
IXIA Innovation Award ($5.000) – Project Wipe (Romania)
Best pitch in show ($2.000) – Latio Inc (Ukraine)
Startup Spotlight ended officially on Saturday, November 22, with a social event where participant startups had a chance to establish valuable connections with key leaders in the global tech industry.
Congratulations to all the winners and participants at Startup Spotlight! A big thanks to our partners, who are devoting resources, time and passion to supporting startups in the CEE!
Looking forward to see how this year’s participants will do further on, so fingers crossed! For all the other CEE founders, Startup Spotlight will happen again next year, so keep an eye on the news regarding the competition!