This year will be the fifth edition of the How to Web Conference, a milestone that challenges us to raise the bar even higher for this event. The tech ecosystem in the region has grown and matured a lot in the past 5 years, but there’s plenty of work left to be done. We plan on contributing to a greater extent by enhancing the conference’s format, by bringing in tech specialists and entrepreneurs whose experience is most relevant to the region and by adding new topics dedicated to specific categories of the audience.
How to Web Conference 2014 will feature more in-depth and hands-on talks on:
– building tech products with disruptive potential at global level
– industry trends
– investment in startups and tech companies
– game development and more.
On November 20-21 you’ll have a front row seat to keynotes and discussions with top tier tech specialists and entrepreneurs from all over the world. These are visionaries who have engineered growth for products with millions of users, always ahead of the curve, paving the way for new business models and revolutionary approaches to technology.
Among the speakers that have confirmed the attendance to the event so far there are:
– Paul Papadimitriou, Innovation Strategist, expert of the emerging digital revolution and its transformative effect on businesses and keynote speaker at the biggest digital events in the world;
– Chris Chabot, Head of International Developer Relations Twitter, where he enables companies and developers to redefine the future by creating meaningful connections between people through technology and driving change through innovation; or
– Florian Meissner, Co-Founder and CEO EyeEm, the premier community and marketplace for the photographer inside all of us, having more than 10 million users, that has raised funds of 6 million USD to date.
We have plenty more to share about How to Web 2014 and 2014.HowtoWeb.co/NewBeginnings is the place to get your information fix. Sign up and we’ll make sure to keep you updated.
Announcing Startup Spotlight 2014
The third edition of Startup Spotlight, competition and orientation program for the best 32 early stage tech startups in the CEE, will also take place in between November 19 and November 22. During the 4 days of the program, the 32 finalist teams:
– will attend workshops and intense mentoring sessions,
– will meet investors and representatives of early stage investment funds
– will talk to representatives of some of the most appreciated acceleration programs worldwide,
– and will compete for the awards with a total value of 20.000 USD offered by IXIA, main partner of the program.
With a 35% success rate, last year’s participating teams closed a deal after the end of the program in the form of an initial investment, a new partnership or a strategic partner that agreed to further support their scaling efforts. These results stand proof to the quality of the program and its impact in terms of accelerating the development of the competing startups.
Applications for the mentor-intensive Startup Spotlight program are now open! Check our the info on StartupSpotlight.co/GetReady.
Can you feel the excitement of new beginnings?