The European Entrepreneurship Foundation is organizing Startup Workout Weekend in Cluj Napoca, on April 26th and 27th. The event aims to gather 10 of the best startups in the region and give them a boost through mentoring, networking and immediate feedback.
The event starts on Friday with a screening of the Something Ventured movie, a documentary featuring the people who “were backing and building companies before the term ‘venture capital’ had been coined: companies that led to the birth of biotechnology and the spectacular growth in microprocessors, personal computers and the web”. After the movie, it’s networking time by beers and pizza.
On Saturday morning, each of the 10 startups gets 5 minutes to pitch their business in front of the mentors, who will also be giving on the spot feedback. EEF founder and president, Peter Zaboji, will then deliver a keynote entitled From brick to click. After lunch, teams will go through 20 minutes long private mentoring sessions. This is a time to get personal feedback on their specific businesses, ask the mentors for specific advice.
Mentoring sessions will be followed by three presentations on entrepreneurship: Imre Hild will present iCatapult – the “global business development excelerator for CEE tech startups”, Andris Szabo will hold a talk entitled From employee to entrepreneur and Csaba Szabo will talk about the Singularity University. And at the end of the day, time for a hang-out after the workout aka some more networking and fun out at a local pub.
When you’re growing your startup you need all the good connections you can get. Startup Workout Weekend gathers great mentors from the region:
– Peter Zaboji, EEF founder and president, Seedcamp partner, entrepreneur and investor
– David Szabo, blogger, EEF fellow, LEGO SERIOUSPLAY facilitator and strategy advisor at Microsoft’s incubation business
– Andrei Pitis, active angel investor and mentor to many startups, president of ANIS and associate professor at Politehnica University of Bucharest
– Adrian Gheara, serial entrepreneur, business angel investor, co-founder of Neobyte Solutions
– Imre Hild, EEF Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Seedcamp mentor, Global Entrepreneurship Ambassador of Hungarian Venture Capital Association
– Stefan Szakal, entrepreneur, co-founder & CEO of X3, E-spress-oh, Ctrl-D
– Lucian Todea, entrepreneur, founder & CEO of Soft32
– Filip Chereches-Tosa, entrepreneur, built CashBase, jobber, jobberBase, started GeekMeet, co-founded Lateral, now building other cool new products
– Marius Mocian, co-founder Transylvania Innovation Ventures, Pioneers Festival Ambassador, entrepreneur
– Csaba Szabo, EEF alumnus, Singularity University ambassador for CEE, director EEF chapter Transylvania
– Andras Szabo, EEF alumnus, employee turned entrepreneur, former director EEF chapter Transylvania